We’re offering all photographers, working or visiting this year’s Wimbledon Tennis tournament, the chance to win Bob Martin’s fantastic book, 1/1000th : The Sports Photography of Bob Martin. As well as stunning Wimbledon coverage the book’s 240 pages are rich with images across the sporting spectrum, detailing a career that has made Bob one of the most respected sports photographers in the world today.
For more information about the book visit the 1/1000th site here.
Throughout the Wimbledon Tennis competition from June 27th until July 10th, we’ll ask you to tweet your best image (just one) captured during the tournament with the #FixEvents hashtag.
The theme is Wimbledon Tennis 2016. It can be of any subject but it must be within the Wimbledon grounds. You can tweet your image at any point during the day, but you must include #FixEvents in your tweet and the image has to have been captured during the Wimbledon 2016 competition.
Our judge will be critically acclaimed Sports Photographer, Bob Martin. He will draw up a shortlist of his favourite images and will decide on a winner. The winner will be announced shortly after the event via Twitter and the winner will receive a copy of Bob Martins book 1/1000th.
Make sure to read the full terms and conditions below before entering.
Terms & Conditions:
- The Promoter is Fixation UK
- Each entrant is allowed one entry per person for the #FixEvents competition. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
- Multiple entries from different accounts will not be permitted, nor will joint entries or entries from accounts that represent multiple users. Only entries from Twitter accounts that clearly identify a single photographer will be eligible for entry.
- The winner of the Wimbledon competition will receive a copy of Bob Martin’s 1/1000th book of sports photography. Bob Martin will be judging the competition and will select the final winner.
- Images submitted to the Wimbledon #FixEvents must be in the JPEG format. Videos, graphics or images in any other format will not be accepted.
- Images can be submitted anytime during Wimbledon 2016 from Monday 27th until midnight Sunday July 10th, and must have been captured at any point during Wimbledon Tennis 2016. Images submitted on any other day, or found to have been taken on a day other than the ones specified above, will not be eligible for entry.
- By submitting images to the competition you confirm that you are the copyright holder of the image and that the image is your original work. Fixation reserves the right to ask entrants to supply a high-resolution and/or Raw version of any submitted image (with metadata embedded) in order to verify any images it suspects may not be the photographer’s own work. Anyone found to be entering images belonging to others will be immediately disqualified.
- Entrants retain all copyright over any images submitted
- By submitting, entrants allow their submitted images to be used by Fixation for the purpose of promoting the competition online and across social media, and agree that the winning image may be used for and future promotional events.
- The competition is open to all UK residents aged 16 years or over.
- All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to co-operate in any future publicity that may arise. The winner’s announcement will be made on Twitter and at fixationuk.com/news
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner, although if the winner cannot be contacted within 28 days of the competition closing, Fixation reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner up.
- No purchase necessary to win nor enter.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Fixation reserves the right to disqualify entrants found to be breaking any of these conditions from the competition.