The Z6 II and Z7 II digital camera bodies are the next generation of flagship mirrorless cameras from Nikon. The cameras deliver high speed, high resolution and high build standards for professional use in harsh environments.
The Nikon Z System
The Z system from Nikon is built around the Z mount, the new larger and shallower lens mount for Nikon mirrorless digital cameras. The Z mount supports a growing range of Nikkor Z series lenses and can be adapted to work with Nikon AF-S lenses with the Nikon FTZ mount adaptor. There are benefits to using the native Z lenses which we explore in our complete guide to Nikon Z lenses.
Modern mirrorless cameras do not feature an optical viewfinder or separate AF sensors both of which require a bulky mirror box found in all DSLR cameras. The result is more responsive and less bulky cameras with faster and more accurate autofocus.
Next Generation Full-Frame Mirrorless Cameras
Nikon have updated their original mirrorless bodies to the new Z7 II and Z6 II. Both updated models feature dual memory card slots which carry UHS-II SD cards and XQD or CF Express cards. The image flow, from pressing the shutter to safely stored on the memory card, has been improved with the adoption of Dual EXPEED 6 processing engines and an improvement to the image buffers making them deeper and faster for un-interrupted continuous burst shooting.
Nikon Z7 II
The Z7 II builds on the success of the award winning Nikon Z7. The updated Nikon Z7 II features a 45.7 megapixel sensor and has improved dynamic range at all ISO levels. The processing power from dual EXPEED 6 processors along with an improved buffer enable continuous shooting at up to 10 frames per second. The Nikon Z7 II can shoot a continuous burst of 200 full resolution jpeg images, or 77 12-bit uncompressed RAW files before reaching the buffer limit.
- High resolution – 45.7 megapixels plus 4K/60p video
- Reliable fast media – shoot to both UHS-II SD and XQD/CFExpress cards
- Fast and sharp AF – selected focus point saved when waking from standby
- Continuous shooting – high resolution RAW files at 10 fps
- Tough – fully sealed body for harsh shooting environfments
Nikon Z6 II
The Z6 II is the evolution of the original Z 6. The camera is robust and easy to use. The Nikon Z6 II combines powerful performance for photography with the ability to record professional 4K and Full HD video in full-frame FX and cropped DX movie formats. The 24.5 megapixel sensor is supported by AF improvements to Eye detection and Animal detection for reliable subject tracking. The improved AF capabilities benefit video and film makers as well delivering smooth focus tracking.
- Low light performance – focus at -6 EV
- Faster – record up to 124 RAW files at 14 frames per second
- Power boost – twin EXPEED 6 processors for faster everything
- For photography and video – combine 4K video footage with 24.5 megapixel stills
- Eye AF and Animal-detection AF – available to enhance stills and video
Contact our sales team on 020 7582 3294 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org