Today Canon announces its biggest update to the mirrorless EOS R system to date. Two new full frame bodies are launched today: The 45 megapixel EOS R5 and the 20 megapixel EOS R6. Alongside the camera bodies Canon has announced four new RF mount lenses, and two teleconverters.
Both cameras are compatible with the Canon RF mount converters so you can use your stable of EF lenses with these new bodies.
To speak to the sales team about how these cameras can work for you, or to put your name on our order list call our sales team on 0207 582 3294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full release info on the two camera bodies below. Read our article on the new Canon RF lenses.
Canon EOS R5: Photography without compromise
Launch Price: £4199
The Canon EOS R5 is a high resolution full-frame mirrorless camera body with high speed AF tracking technology pioneered in the EOS 1DX mark III. The EOS R5 is not only a stills machine, it can record up to 8k DCI video, and offers 4K recording up to 120fps for cinematic slow-motion footage. The camera is built around a magnesium alloy body, built to withstand heavy professional use. The Canon EOS R5 is built without compromise.
Canon EOS R5 key features
- 45 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor : Capture extraordinary detail, right up to ISO 51,200
- 20 fps : Silent electronic shutter. Shoot faster and capture the perfect moment.
- Full Frame 8K RAW video : Superb resolution and dynamic range
- 4K video up to 120fps : For outstanding slow motion effects
- Up to 8 stop Image Stabilisation : Shoot handheld with very long shutter speeds
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in : For wireless LAN image transfer
- Magnesium Alloy body and chassis
Canon EOS R6: High speed for every story
Launch Price: £2499
The Canon EOS R6 is a lower resolution body, with a higher sensitivity range. Ideal for low light photography and video. The in-body image stabilisation system works with Canon Image Stabilisation lenses to offer up to 8 stop stabilising power for smooth footage, and pin sharp images. The EOS R6 is compatible with the Canon RF lens range and the wider EF range (with a Canon mount adaptor) which makes up to 68 current full-frame optics available for limitless creative expression.
Canon EOS R6 key features
- 20 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor : ISO up to 102,400 for superior low light images
- High speed continuous shooting
- 20fps Silent electronic shutter. 12fps Mechanical shutter
- 4K UHD Video
- Up to 8 stop IS
- Shoot handheld with confidence
- Magnesium alloy chassis with poly-carbonate body
For expert advice on the full Canon range, or to place an order call the sales team on 0207 582 3294 or email us at email@example.com