Fujifilm has launched its next medium format camera, the GFX 100. Fujifilm’s GFX 100 is a medium format camera that performs like a mirrorless with a monstrous 102MP sensor and insanely high-end specs
The new model joins the GFX 50S and GFX 50R, released in 2016 and 2018, respectively. The GFX 100 introduces some major leaps over the prior models, including the new in-body image stabilization and much faster performance. The new 102-megapixel sensor also provides significantly higher resolution, putting the GFX 100 on par with some of the higher-end medium format systems from Hasselblad and Phase One. It’s capable of shooting 4K video and boasts fast autofocus, In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS), 10bit internal video recording and much, much more. In fact, the sensor isn’t the only part of the GFX 100 that comes with a big number. The new pro shooter includes some jaw-dropping specs that promise all-round top-notch performance.
The heart of the camera is a newly developed, back illuminated, 102 megapixels, 43.8 x 32.9 CMOS image sensor (Approximately 1.7 times larger than a 35mm Full Frame sensor). Behind you will find the “X-Processor 4” image processing engine (The same that runs the X-T3). The phase detection autofocus system covers 100% of the image sensor, allowing fast accurate tracking. The five-axis IBIS mechanism was developed from the ground up to allow handheld “shake free” operation. Fujifilm has also improved its face- and pupil-detection technology and, the company claims, the GFX 100 will be able to track eyes even when the subject is turning away from the camera or is partially obscured by another object.
- Perfectly suited to being used in a studio and outdoors in harsher environments
- 102-megapixel back-side illuminated large format sensor (43.8mm x 32.9mm)
- In-body 5-axis image stabilisation (IBIS) reduces shake by up to 5.5 stops
- Phase detection pixels across the entire sensor for faster and more accurate AF
- 4K/30p video recording (10bit 4:2:2 externally and 4:2:0 internally)
- Native ISO range of 100-12,800 (expandable from 50-102,400)
- 5.76-million dot EVF with 100% coverage and 2.6-million dot 3.2″ tilting LCD display
- Lightweight, highly-durable dust- and weather-resistant, magnesium-alloy body
- Integrated vertical grip offers more stability and can hold one or two NP-T125 batteries
- Twin SD card slots and ports for USB-C, external mic and headphones
- High continuous shooting at 5.0fps
- Enhanced operability and versatile information displays (battery life, shot count and settings)
- Expansive range of GF series (G-mount) lenses available